Under the direction of the Sr. Manager of Loss Prevention, the Sr. Fraud Analyst, E-Commerce and Digital Fraud supports the analysis and review of digital, online and mobile transactions in order to mitigate fraudulent activity, reduce chargebacks, and enable sales. The Sr. Fraud Analyst will lead the development of fraud models, rules, strategies, and controls to mitigate fraud loss in the e-Commerce and m-Commerce channels, while balancing customer experience and operational or business impacts. The Sr. Fraud Analyst will do this primarily by working with our fraud mitigation tool, developing and refining rules to accept or decline transactions. The Sr. Fraud Analyst will also work to identify and mitigate loyalty program fraud, digital coupon fraud and abuse, and other frauds through a variety of means and methods.
Day to Day Accountabilities:
- Analyze fraud tool rule performance and prepare recommendations to improve rule performance and fraud mitigation strategies
- Communicate and present data to Sr. Manager regarding fraud tool performance, including recommendations for rule improvement
- Develop, refine, and implement strong policies and strategic programs to understand the risk, mitigate loss, and support revenue growth in Dunkin’ Brands digital channels and products (we, movile)
- Utilize all available systems and tools to investigate and link fraudulent transactions in order to stop fraud rings
- Analyze mobile and online transactions while investigating suspicious attributes such as previous order history, velocity, geolocation, device data, etc.
- Develop a clear understanding of the overall e-commerce business strategy of Dunkin’ Brands including mobile and digital landscapes, and be able to integrate that strategy into our fraud mitigation plans and processes
- Analyze and review key business metrics (chargeback rates, decline/conversion rates, total loss, exposure, etc.) through a variety of interfaces in order to prepare weekly analysis & reporting
- Serve as Fraud Tool Administrator and as liaison to third party vendors, solution providers, etc. related to fraud mitigation efforts
- Possesses deep understanding and knowledge of e-commerce fraud, fraud prevention concepts, practices, and procedures
- Work closely with Treasury, IT and other teams to assess new payment options and technologies for risk/fraud mitigation
- Network with others across the industry and collect industry data to set benchmarks and to measure success of various actions taken to prevent fraud
- Work with other members of the Loss Prevention Department, to include but not limited to; assisting in the continued development of members of the team engaged in supporting fraud mitigation, , supporting the LP Managers as it pertains to field investigations involving fraud, and supporting all other analytical requests from loss prevention leadership.
- Participate and contribute on various DBI cross-functional projects and teams, serving as a representative and subject matter expert for the department
Connectivity and Key Interfaces:
- Loyalty Support (Consumer Care)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree a plus,
- 4yrs experience in an e-Commerce, m-Commerce, payments, or financial services industry with investigative experience preferred
- Strong CNP (card not present) risk experience in e-Commerce/m-Commerce environments
- Successful track record in digital/mobile/web and electronic payments environments
- Ability to effectively manage department/corporate projects
- Can think like a fraudster and identify risks, exploits, and points of attack, then find ways to block or mitigate them
- Experience with Kount, Cybersource, Accertify, or other fraud mitigation tool desirable
- Excellent understanding of an e-Commerce environment and the overall online shopping process, particularly mobile and digital
- Expected to build strong relationships with industry peers in order to determine best practices
- Strong communication skills- oral and written
- Experience in delivering presentations, reports and analytical findings/assessments to various levels of an organization.
- Experience working with cross-functional departments in a business environment. Retail or QSR business environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word with preferred experience and knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookups, and other advanced functions
- Interpersonal relationships and influence
- Passion for results
- Business and Organizational Savvy
- Project and Process Management
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
Office Based Roles:
Position is 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under office conditions. Approximately 5% travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch. While performing this job the employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds, stand for long periods of time in a restaurant and outdoor environment.