CNP Merchant Guides
At CNP, we are focused on providing the most timely and relevant information for merchants dealing with the challenges of e-commerce fraud and payments. Below are a number of guides and how to lists to help merchants understand the card-not-present industry and how to best overcome the challenges as they develop. If there’s something you’re looking for that you haven’t seen yet, please let us know and our editorial team will be happy to check into it for you.
Merchant Guide to Synthetic ID Fraud
Synthetic identity fraud is reported to account for 80% of new account fraud with over $800 million in losses last year and a growth rate of 35% year-over-year. Get our FREE CNP Merchant Guide to:
- Understand what synthetic ID fraud is and the factors driving its record growth
- Learn the various methods fraudsters use to commit synthetic ID fraud
- Understand the challenges that make detecting synthetic ID fraud so difficult
- Recognize the specific indicators of synthetic ID fraud
- Find out how to attack this growing fraud type
Attack Account Takeover Fraud in 5 Steps
There are five concrete steps you can take today to protect your customer accounts and prevent ATO. Get our FREE CNP Merchant Guide to find out how to:
- Understand how to identify compromised accounts
- Learn how fraudsters are leveraging proxies, mobile emulators and remote desktops
- Find anomalies in customer behavior patterns that signal ATO
- Identify concrete ways to place multiple layers of technology in the way of fraudsters
- Help expose vulnerabilities in your Customer Service and Fraud Departments
E-Gift Cards & Fraud – 5 Ways to Avoid a Chargeback Hangover in January
As the electronic digital gift card industry continues to grow 29% annually with consumers, they are just as popular with fraudsters! Get our FREE CNP Merchant Guide to find out how to:
- Understand how fraudsters can access e-gift cards
- Gain insight into the secondary market factor enabling consumers to buy and sell gift cards at discount
- How to identify e-gift card fraud
- Best practices to prevent e-gift card fraud
5 Ways to Keep Subscription Billing from Being a Recurring Nightmare
Subscription-billing models capture customer loyalty and generate increased revenue if you can manage them. Ensuring that customers who sign up for a subscription with you will continue to be successfully billed for the service is critical. And to do that, payments must be at the forefront of your mind from the beginning. Get our CNP Merchant Guide to help you:
- Choose the right external partners
- Set up the right internal systems & processes
- Reduce your declines
- Set up a successful international strategy
Is Your Payment System Fully Tested?
Behind every superb payment and purchase experience hides a very complex payment system lifecycle; complexity that inexorably grows alongside the constant updates that come with new rules and regulations, innovation, or just normal application maintenance. Ensuring your payment system is properly tested is essential to the future of your organization.
Chargebacks a problem? Find out what TC-40s are and how they are affecting your bottom line.
Every time a cardholder claims fraud, issuers file a TC-40 claim for that transaction. These claims are then reported to the card brands and out to all issuers and to the merchant’s acquirer. We put together a guide to help merchants understand what a TC-40 is and how it can affect their business.
Merchant Guide: 5 Steps to Fix Your Fraud Problem
As e-commerce continues to grow, fraudsters will continue to find new ways to exploit your vulnerabilities and as a merchant, the liability is yours. Companies that don’t pay attention to their losses and to suspicious order behavior are the ones who pay. Get our free 5 Steps to Help Fix Your Fraud Problem to:
- Reduce your decline rates
- Reduce your chargeback rates
- Reduce your payment processing fees
Is Friendly Fraud Killing Your Business? Get the 4 Steps to Fighting Friendly Fraud.
While online fraud is a growing concern to all online retailers, an alarming 86% of chargeback requests are “friendly fraud “ – whereby customers claim they did not make the purchase or receive the goods. What’s more, with too many chargebacks (and chargeback fees of up to $100 for each transaction), your business could be branded “high-risk” and pay elevated transaction fees on all of your business transactions.
Too Many Unnecessary Card Declines?
Find out the three ways merchants are causing unnecessary credit card declines and steps you need to take to increase revenue and retain your customers.