Vice President, Ecommerce Risk & Fraud Operations | Portland, OR or Atlanta, GA, USA
Vesta Corporation is currently seeking a Vice President, Ecommerce Risk & Fraud Operations, located in either Portland, OR or Atlanta, GA. If you want to work alongside people who like breaking new ground in electronic commerce and payment processing, have a commitment to achievement and enjoy the benefits of working hard, check us out. We thrive on teamwork in an environment that is never boring and where challenges lead to learning opportunities.
The Vice President, Ecommerce Risk & Fraud Operations will be a leader who understands fraud trends in the ecommerce and payments businesses, and knows how to evaluate, mitigate and remediate those risks on behalf of Vesta. We are a unique combination of merchant and processor, so understanding ecommerce fraud from both of these perspectives is critical to the success of this role. This position will be report to the Chief Risk and Date Officer, and may lead a team of people. Travel will be required.
- Lead and direct ecommerce risk operations as a partner to the business, supporting a balance between customer experiences and retaining the appropriate risk management discipline to achieve the strategic goal of the business. Champion the goals, strategies and efforts of fraud mitigation throughout the company
- Responsible for the management of ecommerce risk levels, tracking and reporting the fraud performance metrics across product lines and geographies
- Collaborate with internal business units to embrace best practices and leverage new data sources that help improve customer experience and business efficiency, reduce losses and empower innovation
- Work with Sales and Marketing to articulate fraud mitigation best practices and advanced fraud detection technologies in the ecommerce sales process. Identify and assess potential risk levels and systemic impacts to ensure risks are mitigated within the scope of the project
- Experience working with a product development team to align the feature road map for fraud mitigation and management tools with risk operation’s needs.
- Define and execute the ecommerce fraud strategy road-map. Identify and mitigate issues that create gaps or weaknesses in risk management processes
- Manage ecommerce risk-related projects to ensure smooth and efficient on-boarding of new customers. Thoroughly review and evaluate business requirements and functional requirements to ensure all key risk requirements are addressed when on-boarding new customers
- Deliver under aggressive timelines, work effectively with leaderships across the organization
- Manage for excellence, provide leadership, and foster a high-performance culture within the team
- Extensive experience in e-commence payments, comprehensive understanding of customer online shopping behaviors, challenge of payments fraud in ecommerce and industry’s best practices in mitigating card-not-present (CNP) fraud
- Experience managing CNP fraud for merchants and/or processors with a mix of international customer base
- Have deep knowledge of e-commerce fraud patterns, especially in digital products
- Experience incorporating social media/social data into risk evaluation
- Familiar with predictive modeling and rule-based system. Experience in performance analysis of fraud models and rule sets. Ability to identify the weakness in the fraud system and articulate the weakness to data scientists
- Experience in working with a variety of fraud prevention tools and tactics
- Strong communication skills. Ability to articulate the company’s value to customers, to work with and guide customers on the best practices on CNP fraud management
- Familiar with identity management, common practice in consumer authentication in e-commerce context. Have experience designing and implementing policies and procedures for efficient authentication of customers
- Familiar with card association’s programs on chargeback monitoring and acquirers’ procedures in managing merchant fraud
Please submit your resume if you are interested in finding out more about this role to http://bit.ly/295yPAx.
Vesta will not be accepting resumes from search firms.