Senior Data Scientist (Atlanta or Portland)
Vesta Corporation is looking for a Senior Data Scientist in Atlanta, GA or Portland, OR to become part of our outstanding risk management team. Candidates interested in this position should possess strong analytic abilities and be experienced in machine learning and data mining. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to leverage new technology and advanced machine learning technologies to discover and analyze new insights to achieve the company’s operational and strategic goals. We believe in personal development through flexible, self-directed work, and cross-functional opportunities. You will enjoy a work environment that encourages new ideas!
- Prototype concepts, and design cutting-edge machine learning framework and algorithms for fraud prevention products.
- Perform large-scale data analysis, explore and extract patterns, identify and investigate anomalies.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for model development, evaluation and implementation.
- Research, design machine learning algorithms and data mining technologies to improve the performance of risk management.
- Work closely with interdepartmental teams to build and improve fraud prevention products and solutions.
Education and Experience
- M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or a quantitative field with a strong background in machine learning and data mining
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art algorithms in machine learning (e.g. Bayesian learning, deep learning networks, support vector machines, random forest), graph analysis and statistical modeling
- Experience in payment fraud detection and prevention is preferred. Experience in business intelligence, pattern analysis, data modeling is preferred.
- Expertise in data warehouse and SQL programming is strongly required
- Experience with at least one programming language, e.g. Python, Java, or C++
- Familiarity with open source Python based ML libraries
- Familiar with cloud computing (AWS)
- Exposure to distributed data processing (Spark, MapReduce) is a bonus
- Experience of R, SAS/Base, SAS/Stats, SAS Enterprise Miner is a plus
- Experience in conducting link analysis and social media and public source investigations is preferred. Experience with data visualization is preferred.