Product Manager, vSafe Payment Platform | Atlanta, GA
Vesta Corporation is currently seeking a Product Manager located in Atlanta, GA to own and manage the vSafe Payment Platform. If you want to work alongside people who like breaking new ground in electronic commerce and payment processing, have a commitment to achievement and enjoy the benefits of working hard, check us out. We thrive on teamwork in an environment that is never boring and where challenges lead to learning opportunities. Travel will be required.
The Product Manager position is responsible for the ownership of the vSafe Payment Platform and will serve as agile product owner. The vSafe Payment Platform is a multi-tenant transaction and reporting platform that to enables omnichannel payments for Vesta’s merchant base worldwide.
This person will evaluate external client and internal business unit needs and translate them into a product roadmap and backlog. The Product Manager will analyze industry trends and competitive offerings to drive new concepts and prioritization. This role requires a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves, teamwork oriented individual who can champion the product and work with internal stakeholders and a dedicated scrum team to deliver needed enhancements. This role will prioritize backlog burndown and own each release.
The individual must regularly demonstrate flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal staff and executive management, as well as outside clients and vendors. The role should serve as the as the de facto subject matter expert for the payments ecosystem at Vesta.
In addition to product management responsibilities, the individual will engage with clients and prospects at the request of the sales organization. As a result, this person should have exceptional client-facing skills.
- Ownership of the vSafe product roadmap and backlog, driven by input from consumers, clients, competitors and internal stakeholders
- Oversee product direction of the vSafe and development of product requirements, working closely with our business analyst, architecture, and development teams to ensure they are specified properly
- Create and implement regular product plans and roadmap including new products/enhancements to expand service offering, drive revenue, and increase profitability
- Engage closely with the development teams to define product requirements, specifications and acceptance testing criteria. Review and provide final sign-off for all requirements
- Work with functional and business unit heads to incorporate their long-term plans into the payments platform
- Facilitate inter-departmental communication to achieve alignment around development priorities
- Understand and be able to implement product changes based on global differences
- Communicate release status and product status with key stakeholder groups
- Participate in scoping and prioritization discussions with the Product organization to highlight tradeoffs between delivery dates, functionality, quality and cost
- Develop materials with the marketing and sales organizations to convey the purpose and details of the products, benefits to the customer, customization capabilities, and competitive comparison
- Prioritize projects and effort by balancing organizational, client and financial priorities to ensure that the right features get built in the right order and at the right time
- Communicate the product benefits, features and target markets; champion projects with internal teams to assure success
- Have a disposition toward ‘action’ to make sure things get done
- Expert-level understanding of the payments ecosystem, including merchant needs, gateways, acquirers, card schemes, payments operations, APIs and reporting portals
- 5+ years product management experience in the payments’ industry
- Global experience is preferred
- Fraud prevention system experience is preferred
- Familiarity with the services offered by major global acquirers and processors
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal). Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, leadership, and consensus-building skills. Ability to be responsive and persuasive to all levels of the organization. Ability to formulate and communicate key priorities that guide and focus the efforts of others
- Acts with a sense of urgency to assess needs and produce quality results
- Budgeting and financial analysis experience a plus
- Assertive, dynamic, energetic and possesses a good sense of humor
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, informal, high-performing team
- Ability to communicate key ideas/concepts, and summarize information in a concise and professional manner
- Excellent academic credentials; minimum B.A. or B.S.
- Willingness to travel required