Fraud Analyst (Portland, OR)
POSITION SUMMARY: The fraud analyst will learn and maintain knowledge relevant to consumer behavior, risk management, and payment processing. The individual will work as a team member to contribute towards the company goal of reducing fraud in mobile commerce and increase customer satisfaction.
- Analyze large volumes of transactional data to understand consumer behavior and purchase patterns to investigate anomalies.
- Perform case studies of fraudulent transactions and escalate to Analytic Scientists for further actions.
- Perform analysis of high-risk transactions via real-time queues and after-the-fact reports to identify unauthorized credit card usage. The analyst will determine if transactions are fraudulent and should be canceled or are not fraudulent and should be processed. The analyst will also work with numerous real-time queues and reports containing questionable transactions
- Respond to fraudulent scenarios in a timely matter.
- The risk team is staffed 24/7/365 and, on occasion, this position will require nonstandard work schedules which may include weekends, holidays and non-business hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS preferred
- Possess inquisitive minds, analytical skills and great sense of with numbers and patterns
- Knowledge of SQL development preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational, customer service skills
- Must have demonstrated history of impeccable integrity, ethics and fair play
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in a fast paced environment
- High level of proficiency with MS Office tools
- Must be able to work independently and display initiative, self-motivation and dedication necessary for timely and successful work completion