Basic Function: The Controller will work very closely with the CFO to fiscally manage the business and improve the BlueSnap margins. The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of BlueSnap and its subsidiaries, to include monthly financial statements and variance analysis, ownership of the NetSuite accounting system to include proper controls and closing procedures to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy and timeliness of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Additionally, the Controller will oversee banking relationships and the related costs, cash management, foreign currency management and minimizing related costs, and international tax compliance. While the Controller role encompasses all of these accounting/compliance areas, the successful candidate will have a passion for operational efficiency and will have a strong business orientation.
The successful Controller will be a go-to person for all department heads and will be viewed as a valuable resource for enhanced decision making across the company.
This position is located in Waltham, MA.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the global accounting department, including the allocation of responsibilities across organizational structure that will optimize the achievement of the department’s goals and objectives
- Manage third party relationships including auditors and tax service providers
- Ensure that accounting and control processes are efficient, effective and that processes are continually improved
- Provide financial support and guidance for the Europe and Israel operations
- Ensure that merchant payables and receivables are properly reconciled to processor statements on a monthly basis
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Ensure that VAT and sales taxes are properly assessed and filed
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over all accounting transactions
- Issue timely and accurate consolidated GAAP monthly financial statements
- Oversee cash flow forecasts
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Work closely with the CFO and FP&A in the production of the annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Calculate and explain material variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management departmental cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with state and federal government reporting requirements and state sales tax requirements
- Ensure VAT compliance
The ideal Controller candidate will have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, a CPA certification, an MBA degree and 5+ years of progressively responsible controllership experience.
- Experience in accounting for high transaction volumes is important – payment processing experience is a must.
- BlueSnap expects to grow by a factor of 10x over the next few years, and the ideal candidate needs to be comfortable with change and rapid growth.
- Some experience in a larger company would also be valuable to BlueSnap as it expands over time.
- Experience in the global payments industry would be a plus.
Skills: Superior Excel skills, strong GAAP knowledge, a passion for process improvement and excellent communication skills in a fast paced, diverse, global business environment.
To apply, simply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a description of your main qualifications.